Friends in Faith,
Harvest season is upon us. From CROP hunger walks to a national Fair Food Day of Prayer to Christian education webinars on food justice, Christian communities all over the U.S. are making it a priority in October to walk, learn, advocate, and pray for a day when all are fed.
If only we could say the same about the election 2012 candidates. Last night, poverty was barely mentioned in the presidential debate. Christian voters must continue to keep the concerns of Matthew 25 central to election conversations. This edition of our newsletter contains some ideas on how.
Grace and Peace,
Inside this Edition:
- Churches Pray for Fair Food on Friday, October 5th
- Church World Service CROP Walks Underway Across the U.S.
- Pray the Vote. Make poverty a central issue in the 2012 election.
- Join or organize an event about Affordable Housing with the Fighting Poverty with Faith mobilization November 8-18
- Food Justice Opportunities Abound! Celebrate World Food Day on October 16 and join food justice NCC webinars October 17 & 23.
- Celebrate the National Observance of Children’s Sabbaths this October
- HOME: An Interfaith Study Guide on housing and hospitality
- Book: Money and Faith: The Search for Enough